Liposuction is considered to be a safe and effective procedure. It allows a person to get into the smaller and thinner frame they desire by removal of excess fat deposits. However, it should not be treated as a normal routine procedure. When you plan for liposuction surgery, you need to know most of the essential things for a safe, risk-free surgery to get best results.
The dedicated and super-specialist plastic surgeons of Texas Liposuction Specialty Clinic ensure to go over all crucial things as what not to do before liposuction. They specialize in offering hand-picked technologies that vary with each patient according to the specific needs of each situation.
On-board certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Eric Payne of Texas Liposuction wants to help in providing individualized care and awesome results for his patients. Just drop a call or send them a message through their website texasliposuction.com and they will be more than happy to help you.
The key to any plastic surgery treatment is to just relax the night before the procedure without stressing out. Follow these things, which you probably should not do before a liposuction procedure.
Avoiding serious medications
- pursue your surgeon’s counsel directly to get rid of any kind of harmful medications from your routine
- Some medicines or supplements such as ibuprofen, aspirin, Vitamin E can increase the risk of post-surgical complications like bleeding, high blood pressure, slow healing.
- Avoid any birth control pills or even herbal therapies
- Be honest with your surgeon and do not omit any information about medical history before going for liposuction surgery to avoid any kind of complications
Don’t go on a crash diet
- Crash diets are an extremely poor idea before any kind of surgery as it leaves our body weak and malnourished
- There is also a risk of gaining back weight after surgery due to dieting
- too much weight gain after liposuction could be very harmful and will negatively impact your surgery results
- Smoking before liposuction surgery increases the risk for slow healing, bleeding, and other dangerous complications
- It also reduces blood flow in the circulatory system thus, restricting the body to heal properly
- Avoid smoking at least a month before your surgery date and resume only a month after the procedure
Things not to do the day before the surgery
The day or two before the liposuction procedure is crucial so ensure you avoid these things right before the surgery:
- Avoid shaving around the area of your incision site as there are chances of bacteria development due to your razor
- Your surgeon will do it themselves if needed
- Avoid wearing tight or uncomfortable clothing while going for the surgery
- After surgery, you won’t be able to drive on your own so plan with friends or family member
- Your surgeon won’t allow you to take a taxi or public transport also.
For a successful and effective liposuction surgery, it is essential to consult a board-certified plastic surgeon like at Texas Liposuction Clinic. They will be happy to walk you through the miraculous results you are expecting from your surgery.