Did you know cricket is the second world’s most popular sport after football? It has over 2.5 billion fans worldwide, about a third of the world’s population. Insane, right? This craze and thrill is also seen among cricket bettors too. People bet on cricket for fun or as a way to make more money. Whatever your motivation, here are a few tips that’ll help you make an informed bet.
First, learn how cricket betting works.
Before you learn how to bet on cricket, you must first learn how online betting works. This step is crucial whether you are a beginner or a professional gamer. First, you must ensure you are working with the right bookmaker with proper registration and licensing.
. Ensure the sportsbook offers several cricket tournaments. Once you have all the information, you can start the betting process. Whatever cricket prediction you make will depend on the available markets. After the match ends, the operator will compare the game outcome to determine if you win.
Research is crucial, as with all gambling games and types; the same applies to online cricket betting. Cricket requires a lot of strategizing and planning. A simple mistake or misconception can impact a player, impacting the team’s chances of winning. Doing research will help you understand the player’s form or any injuries they might have. Furthermore, you can get more insight from the top cricket news websites for the latest results and news. Moreover, there are also some cricket betting tips sites you can visit for handy opinions.
Understand the different game formats
Cricket games have different formats but with smart rules. The difference lies primarily in how the rules apply. Each game format usually gives the batting side a different number of innings and overs. When the game of T20 cricket is played, both sides have only 20 overs each to bat, or when playing first-class cricket, where each team has two innings, the results are determined within five days on the international level or within four days on the county or club level. Knowing which team plays well in which format is imperative to place an informed bet and increase the chance of winning.
Understand cricket odds
Like all online lottery games, cricket betting also has its odds, which will help determine your payout. Whenever you place a cricket bet, the betting sites will multiply your wager with the odds, determining your winning. This is why working with bookmakers that offer the best cricket betting odds is essential. But first, you must understand that cricket odds vary depending on the market. You will find some betting options with the best odds, while others only offer moderate odds. Therefore, it’s better to always be on the lookout when selecting the betting market to use. Remember, these odds are all formatted to suit all types of players.
Know The Cricket Bet Types
When you join an online cricket betting site, you will notice the different betting options available for cricket matches. For beginners, figuring out the betting process may be difficult. However, to simplify things, here is a brief explanation of each of them:
- Tied match betting – You bet on whether or not the match will end in a draw.
- Match betting- It is the simplest form of betting; you guess which cricket team will win the match.
- Outright winner – This is for those who love betting on long-term events. It’s about predicting which team will win the entire tournament.
- Series winner – You predict which team will win a series of games rather than a single game.
- Top bowler– You guess which player will take the most wickets throughout the game.
- Top batsman – It’s one of the most common betting types predicting which player will score the most runs during the game.
- Batsman contest betting – This betting pits two players against each other from the same or different teams. It involves selecting players who will perform most in the selected category. For instance, the most wickets, runs, or sixes.
- In-play betting – This betting allows you to place your bets while the match is underway. The kind of bet you place will depend on the game.
- Over/under betting – When you place this option of bet, you are trying to predict whether or not the total score of the match will be over or under a certain benchmark.
- Handicap bets – This betting option is ideal if you want to win more cash. It involves applying a handicap to a team or giving an advantage in the final score.
When it comes to cricket betting, it’s crucial to learn the game’s rules first. Afterward, understand the difference in game formats and how the different teams and players will be the right fit for them. Don’t overlook the pitch and the weather conditions. This will give you more insight into a possible game outcome.