Six Sigma is an aggregate of tools and methodologies used in project management. Six Sigma was first developed by an engineer named Bill Smith who was then working in Motorola. Although Six Sigma has been influenced by Japanese ideology; it still is applicable over the whole globe. Every company has come to hire candidates with Six Sigma certification in order to minimise their losses and maximize their efficiency along with the profit.
The Six Sigma certification is provided at five different levels, are given below (in decreasing order):-
- Executive leader ship
- Master Black Belts
- Black Belts and
- Black Belts with the requirements at each level being different.
Validity of Black Belt: The certification is generally valid three years in general and can be renewed.
Duration: The test consists of 100 multiple choice questions that should be solved within a time span of four hours.
Applicants with experience prefer the Black Belt certification (a minimum of three years of experience is required) while those without any experience prefer the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt level of certification. The training required for Six Sigma certification test can be taken online or preferred offline. The training courses, resource persons and content are in accordance with American Society of Quality (ASQ).
Cost of the examination: – This tentative cost is approximately about US $295 plus any extra gateway charges.
Simple tips and tricks to pass Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification exam:-
- Jot down the syllabus and mark out the areas that need consideration, areas that need practice and areas that need revision.
- Create a study plan. Merge it with your learning habits and get sufficient time for perspiration so that there is no space for failure.
- Do not let older concepts slip away while to aim for newer concepts.
- Try keeping track of your study on short notes. That way it is easier to revise too.
- Focus on areas that you lack. Pull up your socks before it gets muddy.
- Acquire reliable materials for study as well as training sessions from credible sources. There are several online sites as well as offline modes of Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training, find the best suited for you.
- Join a community that discusses on Six Sigma Black Belt examination, scope, questions, etc.
- Try to solve as many model questions as possible before appearing for the main examination. Books nowadays come equipped with several sets of sample papers as well as their answers. Switch on a timer and try to attempt as many questions correctly as you can before the timer ticks out.
- Do not stress out or over study the night before the exam.
- Get enough rest.
- On the day of exam, take a good look at your internet connection, PC or laptop as suits you and all other hardware required for the examination.
- After filling out the required information, start the exam with a fresh breath of confidence.
- Initially, appear the questions that are easy and you are sure of.
- Try avoiding lengthy questions.
- Do keep a note of time that has passed and the remaining.
- Submit on time.
- Once done with the exam, wait for the results.
The various blessings of Black Belt certification to any individual may be summarized as: – Better management of the complex projects by result oriented approach by the certified individual. The candidate gains personal development in the fields of risk taking ability, critical thinking, problem solving, etc. The certification opens doors to Better job opportunities, Higher pay scales, Jobs in renowned organizations like Amazon, 3M, etc, Improved client – service provider relationship, Decision making is a boon to the certified individuals thus making them consider out of the box options to lift their career and give it wings, etc.
The above mentioned tips are guidance for the aspirants aiming to crack the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification test. Along with a bit of hard work of the candidate, the certificate is not impossible to achieve as it neither is an uphill task nor a Hercules’s errand. The certification has loaded advantages like higher remuneration, better job opportunities, etc. and thus has been deemed one of the best certifications in the IT sector.