A good health insurance plan can take care of your medical needs and your finances simultaneously. It pays for your medical bills if you ever get hospitalized because of an accident or a disease. This way, you won’t have to empty your pocket and put your family’s finances at risk to pay for your medical bills. However, that’s only true if you choose a good health plan. In this article, we are going to show you the top ten medical insurance policies in India you can choose from. We will also show you reasons why you should purchase a health plan. So, without any further ado, let’s dive in.
Why Should You Buy a Medical Insurance Policy?
Whether it’s a sudden disease or an accident, a medical emergency can knock on your doors at any moment without any notice. When that happens, you need to be hospitalized as quickly as possible to receive proper medical attention. However, surgeries and other advanced medical treatments aren’t cheap. Without appropriate financial assistance, the treatment charges can quickly burn a hole in your pocket. That’s why you need the best health insurance policy to cover medical expenses.
Here’s a list of reasons why you must buy a health plan:
- Financial Coverage: An excellent medical insurance policy will pay for the cost of treatment for multiple medical emergencies. Whether you need medical attention because of a specific ailment or an accident, your health plan will cover the cost. Some of the best health plans also cover the cost of ambulances, medicines, diagnostics, and much more, so you don’t have to fork out too much money from your pocket.
- Inflation: The effects of inflation are real. And it’s even more prominent in the medical industry. With the ever-rising cost of medicines, medical equipment, and medical procedures, even staying in the hospital for a week and receiving a common medical treatment can cost you lakhs of rupees. To counter it and receive the proper medical attention without worrying about finances, you need adequate health insurance plans.
- Fall Back Options: Fighting a critical disease like a heart ailment can be very difficult. And these kinds of illnesses can quickly empty your entire life’s savings if you don’t have any other financial cushion to fall back on. After all, it’s tough to cover the treatment cost, medicine bills, and diagnostics fees with most people’s monthly salaries. A good health insurance policy can easily cover these sky-high costs, preventing your and your family from being financially crippled because of your disease.
- Network of Hospitals: Most medical insurance providers have a vast network of hospitals. When you buy a health plan, you can go to any of the network hospitals affiliated with the insurance company and receive instant cashless claim settlement. It means you don’t have to worry about getting money from the insurance company before admitting to the hospital. Instead, you can admit and receive treatment without any delay, and the best health insurance companies in India will pay the cost of treatment directly to the hospital.
- Changing Lifestyle: Nowadays, we lead an immensely stressful and fast-paced lifestyle. Because of that, many working professionals and college students tend to ignore their own health. Plus, air pollution is making the matter even worse. Because of that, many people are now suffering from severe health issues such as diabetes, kidney disorder, heart disorder, lung issues, and many other chronic illnesses. So, you must get a proper health plan to deal with these diseases and receive appropriate treatment without breaking the bank.
- Tax Benefits: Health plans not only cover your medical bills, but they also help you get financial relief in the form of tax benefits. Under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, you can claim a tax deduction of up to Rs. 25,000 against the money you have paid toward the insurance premium. Now, isn’t that a sweet deal?
|Medical Insurance Plan||Sum Insured||Network Hospitals||Benefits|
|Navi Cashless Health Insurance||Up to Rs. 1 crore||10,000+||
|Star Health Comprehensive Plan||Up to Rs. 1 crore||13,000+||
|Care Health Insurance Plan||Up to Rs. 6 crores||7,800+||
|Care Freedom Health Insurance Policy||Up to Rs. 10 lakhs||7,800+||
|ManipalCigna ProHealth Plus||Up to Rs. 1 crore||6,500+||
|ICICI Lombard Complete Health Insurance||Up to Rs. 50 lakhs||6.700+||
|HDFC ERGO Optimal Restore||Up to Rs. 50 lakhs||10,000+||
|Aditya Birla Active Health Enhance||Up to Rs. 2 crores||7,100+||
|Niva Bupa Health Reassure||Up to Rs. 1 crore||4,500+||
|Niva Bupa Health Companion||Up to Rs. 1 crore||4,500+||
Picking the best health insurance plan for yourself and your family is not an easy job. There are multiple insurance companies available in India, and each one of them offers many different types of health plans. That’s why we have done the grinding and selected the top ten medical insurance policies in India. Go through each insurance policy and see which one suits your needs before making a choice.