Starting a new restaurant, café, or bar is exciting but is also stressful and overwhelming because there are so many things you need to take into consideration. One of them is a commercial kitchen and its layout. Depending on the type of your food place and menu, you will need a lot of equipment, including coolers, ovens, prep stations, food warmers, cooking surfaces, and others.
There are certain factors you need to consider when buying creating a commercial kitchen and purchasing equipment. Here is a list of some of them:
Before purchasing any equipment, you need to make sure that it will fit in the designated space. Therefore, it is recommended to measure the space several times, including the doorway to make sure that you are able to get equipment into the building.
Warranty is offered by manufacturers and covers repairs or replacement of the equipment if it breaks down. Some warranties can become serious money-safe if you take them into consideration before purchasing equipment.
Commercial kitchen equipment is quite expensive in general. Therefore, if you decided to renovate your kitchen, you should set up a budget and stick to it. If you find yourself struggling to get funding for new equipment, you can choose to apply for an equipment financing loan and buy new equipment right away. So the sentence will read “chef’s knife, cutting boards, food processors, commercial juicers, etc
Most pieces of kitchen equipment, including both large and small pieces, require power sources. The last thing you want to be is to run extension cords across the kitchen. Therefore, it is better to think about outlets in advance and plan your kitchen layout carefully.
New Or Used Equipment
Choosing the right equipment is very important because the equipment is one of the main components of any restaurant. When you are shopping for the equipment for your place, there are two things to choose from: plan equipment or already the used one. Old equipment gives you an opportunity to save money, while new equipment will probably serve you longer.
When you are choosing equipment, you likely want it to match your style, reflect your brand, and the company’s personality. It is especially important for new restaurants.
When you are purchasing equipment for your restaurant or cafe, you should understand your business needs. For example, the perfect commercial kitchen equipment is the one that meets your business demand and produces the quantities you need. If you have a small kitchen, and you are not planning to get into large-scale cooking, buying big commercial equipment might be a waste of money.
The best suppliers of commercial kitchen equipment are those that will help you install new equipment on site. In addition, suppliers are also responsible for repairs and regular maintenance. For a good and trustworthy supplier, it is important to ensure smooth operation and satisfy customers.
The List Of Essential Commercial Kitchen Equipment
There are different formats of restaurants, cafes, and bars, and they all have different requirements for commercial kitchen equipment. Here is a list of general commercial kitchen equipment that most food businesses need.
- Freezers and refrigerators. The refrigerator unit is the first piece of kitchen equipment that most food businesses need. It is important to choose high-quality refrigeration equipment because it increases your kitchen’s efficiency You can choose anything from small coolers to large walk-in refrigerators. The choice is determined by the needs of your venue and the type of food you are planning to cook or prepare.
- Slicers. The main task of slicers is to cut different types of food quickly and efficiently. There are different types of slicers available on the market, so you can choose them based on the type of food you cook and prepare, including vegetable slicers, meat slicers, and others.
- Ovens. A typical commercial oven performs different functions from heating meals to baking. Convection ovens are also appliances that are used for toasting and roasting, which makes them multipurpose restaurant equipment.
- Mixers. If you have a restaurant that deals with bread making or baking, mixers are on the list of the most needed commercial kitchen equipment.
- Kitchen cooking utensils. Any restaurant needs a range of kitchen utensils that are used for preparation, baking, cooking, and others. The most common utensils used for preparation include measuring cups, can openers, chef’s knife, cutting boards, food processors, juicers, etc. Among the most common utensils used for cooking are spatulas, tongs, ladles, thermometer, and others.
- Sinks. Sinks play a range of roles in the commercial kitchen from washing dishes and hands to preparing and cleaning foods.
- Ice maker. It is another piece of commercial kitchen equipment that is needed in all the restaurants, cafes, and bars that serve drinks. If you run a buddy restaurant, you may consider purchasing an ice machine with an ice bin, so you always have ice that is ready to use.
Choose The Best Commercial Kitchen Equipment With Mathias
If you are in Florida and you are looking for kitchen equipment that addresses the needs of your restaurant and customers, you may need professional help. Mathias Food Service Equipment Company specializes in helping clients build their commercial kitchen and find the best equipment. The mission of Mathias is to make sure you have a well-equipped and modern kitchen that provides the best experience to you and your employees.